We are due to open soon!
We are pleased to announce that Strand on the Green Dental Practice will be opening again on 15th June. We will be commencing with emergency pain relief procedures first.
In the second phase we will be a return to simple routine care but there will be some restrictions on some procedures we are available to offer.
The third phase will be the full resumption of our dental services. The timeline of movement from the first to the subsequent phases is yet to be established and hence we have a current limitation with pre booking appointment in advance as we could prior to the pandemic.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our team will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the practice.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- Please wear your own face covering as we are unable to provide face masks.
- Only patients with appointments will be allowed in.
- Please bring your own pen with you.
- You will be asked to wait in your car and call the practice to notify us of your arrival, call 0208 995 0298.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We request that the toilets are not used whilst visiting the practice to limit any cross infection risk.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We request that only the patient attend the practice wherever possible. If a child or vulnerable adult needs accompanying, please limit this to one adult.
- All team members will be health screened before their shift.
- All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE which may look different to before. Please prewarn younger patients ahead of their attendance. Please reassure them that we are still the same team and still super happy to see them, but just a bit more covered up.
- Hygienists are unable to use the ultrasonic scaler (“the water jet”). This is because they produce aerosols. However, they will be doing hand scaling, polishing and oral hygiene instruction.
- Please refer to our website for a revised fee list. Please note this will include a PPE levy.
- If you do not want to book an appointment for yourself or your child during these stages of the pandemic, we understand. The decision is very personal, and one that we respect. We will accommodate your preference to delay.
- Please refer to https://bit.ly/2APeU8B to view a video made by the British Orthodontic Society which might be helpful for the younger patients as their new experience will be different.
We understand the new protocols are limiting but hope you understand that they are mandatory to keep us all safe in these difficult times.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment call 0208 995 0298
Strand on the Green